[PICTURED: Dr. Ed, looking satisfied after reading a synthesis of his life’s work, by one of his students, that didn’t require red ink. MINE! And YOU should read it. Have you SEEN your approval ratings. And let’s face it, we BOTH know the stuff you say is a bunch of bullshit, and you have NO IDEA what to REALLY do. Luckily, I DO! HERE IT IS!]
To: U.S. President Barack Obama, Speaker John Boehner (Does Joe Biden matter?)
Fr: Zuma Dogg/Los Angeles 2013 Mayoral Candidate and “Quality & Productivity Czar” for The State of California (2006-Present)
Re: 14 Point Plan for U.S. Economic Recovery via Manufacturing Innovation/Re-Training & Job Creation (REAL STUFF/Not the BULLSH*T you are used to trying to peddle.)
Dt: Today, and EVERYDAY…till you F*CKING FIGURE THIS SH*T OUT!!! (ASK GINGRICH! HE KNOWS ABOUT ME, AND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! SO DOES 1950 POST-WAR JAPAN. (But I DOUBT, THEY will tell you this stuff, and Deming died in the 90’s.)
Dear United States of America,
My name is Zuma Dogg. I made (another) appearance on a national platform, this week (9/30/11) on your HOMEBOY’S “Bill Press Show,” with David Shuster filling in. (Had to put those namby-pamby FOX PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE MODERATORS in their place, and demonstrate some LEADERSHIP that this country is lacking. (What a bunch of befuddle crybabies and un-educated/un-informed p*ssies, y’all are looking like, there in D.C. Just ask, “Don & Mike” or 80% of the people in the U.S., this week.)
So here is your life preserver. Or in YOUR case, career preserver. And in The People’s case, COUNTRY PRESERVER. (We KNOW you don’t care about that…just getting re-elected, before it all comes crashing down.)
SO IF NOTHING ELSE, YOU NEED TO OBSERVE THE “QUALITY MASTER” (ME) — TO SAVE YOUR OWN POLITICAL ASS! (Start saying and doing the things I am speaking. The People will LOVE you ALMOST as much as the do me!)
Featured facebook message of the week: Dear Zuma Dogg,
Hi. I have followed you for years and I consider you a hero for our country and the people. I need some pointers about going to city council here in Wilmington, North Carolina. [ZD: Thanks. It doesn’t go to my head. Make me MUCH easier to deal with!]
AND MAYBE NEWT GINGRICH WILL SEND YOU A TWEET IN RESPONSE TO THIS ARTICLE, “Interpreting Deming’s 14 Points.”– http://goo.gl/zo2vv
[@ZumaDogg: Deming’s ideas on quality led the way to Lean Six Sigma and to strong “America Now’s” belief. We could save billions in government.” (From: @NewtGingrich – 9/26/11]
Here’s what Dr. W. Edwards Deming said, when he read, “Interpreting Deming’s 14 Points.”
“Well Done. I appreciate it much.” (His face is on a coin in Japan. When he died, it was a multi-page article in USA Today. GLAD he appreciated it! When the article was published in “Quality Digest” the publisher, Don Dewar added, “FORTUNATELY, Deming had a chance to review this, before he died.” Again, face on coin=but FORTUNATE & APPRECIATE TO HAVE READ THIS.
DO A GOOGLE SEARCH ON “Dr. W. Edwards DEMING,” then THINK about it!!!
AND IF ANYONE READING STILL DOUBTS I AM A TOP AUTHOR/CONSULTANT ON THIS TOPIC OF “Methods of Management of Quality & Productivity” (Deming’s 14 Points), I was just doing a GOOGLE image search for a picture of Deming, and see there is only ONE OTHER GUY, UP THERE WITH HIM…he kinda looks EXACTLY LIKE ME! (Just look for the ONLY OTHER GUY who isn’t Deming in the top rows!)
YOU MAY CARE for MY interpretation, or not: But the undisputed fact WILL REMAIN, until the U.S. embraces these 14 points, expect nothing but further economic erosion within the global marketplace. IF ANYTHING, the U.S. should EXPORT these principals to emerging market managers and governments and manufactures, if they aren’t already using them.
MOST READING THIS KNOW who Deming IS, are aware of his global impact on manufacturing and industry, but probably never read AN INTERPRETATION of the 14 Points. Cause if you just read them, without explanation: I WOULDN’T EXPECT TOO MANY PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS TALKING ABOUT. But the principals are immutable, nevertheless, so that’s what his disciples/consultants/interpreters are for. Gingrich is one. Tony Robbins is another. And Zuma Dogg is the one, they both reply to.
“I too, as I am sure you know, am a Deming fan. I think your synthesis of his work is fabulous.” – Tony Robbins
HERE ARE THE 14 POINTS, WITHOUT MY INTERPRETATION:
- Create constancy of purpose toward improvement of product and service, with the aim to become competitive and stay in business, and to provide jobs.
- Adopt the new philosophy. We are in a new economic age. Western management must awaken to the challenge, must learn their responsibilities, and take on leadership for change.
- Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality. Eliminate the need for massive inspection by building quality into the product in the first place.
- End the practice of awarding business on the basis of price tag. Instead, minimize total cost. Move towards a single supplier for any one item, on a long-term relationship of loyalty and trust.
- Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service, to improve quality and productivity, and thus constantly decrease costs.
- Institute training on the job.
- Institute leadership (see Point 12 and Ch. 8 of “Out of the Crisis”). The aim of supervision should be to help people and machines and gadgets to do a better job. Supervision of management is in need of overhaul, as well as supervision of production workers.
- Drive out fear, so that everyone may work effectively for the company. (See Ch. 3 of “Out of the Crisis”)
- Break down barriers between departments. People in research, design, sales, and production must work as a team, to foresee problems of production and in use that may be encountered with the product or service.
- Eliminate slogans, exhortations, and targets for the work force asking for zero defects and new levels of productivity. Such exhortations only create adversarial relationships, as the bulk of the causes of low quality and low productivity belong to the system and thus lie beyond the power of the work force.
- a. Eliminate work standards (quotas) on the factory floor. Substitute leadership.
b. Eliminate management by objective. Eliminate management by numbers, numerical goals. Substitute leadership.
- a. Remove barriers that rob the hourly worker of his right to pride of workmanship. The responsibility of supervisors must be changed from sheer numbers to quality.
b. Remove barriers that rob people in management and in engineering of their right to pride of workmanship. This means, inter alia,” abolishment of the annual or merit rating and of management by objective (See Ch. 3 of “Out of the Crisis”).
- Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement.
- Put everybody in the company to work to accomplish the transformation. The transformation is everybody’s job.
This short 8 page article will explain it in a way, EASY ENOUGH that ZUMA DOGG (I) was able to write it, in a “synopsis” Deming signed-off on. (AND HE WASN’T KNOW TO DO THAT! Ask around! Take 10 minutes and improve the quality of your life and the nation. The People need some help. And if people are calling me, “A HERO TO OUR NATION AND THE PEOPLE.” I can’t just sit down and watch “Dancing with Stars,” or whatever reality/sports season it is: “Interpreting Deming’s 14 Points.” [I enjoyed it, very much. Let’s meet, sometime soon.” Bob Pittman/Voted Most Powerful Executive in Radio, 2011. He invited me into his office in ’94. GREAT MINDS, Y’ALL!]
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW! You GOTTA read the generic “Interpreting 14” article, so you are ready for NEXT TIME, when I REALLY do your homework for you, and make specific applications to current U.S. economic situations. – Zuma Dogg/2013 Candidate, Los Angeles Mayor. MORE ON MY PAST WEEK, INCLUDING MY CALL IN TO “THE BILL PRESS SHOW, HERE: NEW VIDEO: Zuma Dogg Recaps Week of NATIONAL TRIUMPHANTNESS (and NEW VILLARAIGOSA TOWN HALL VIDEO! SMOKER!!!) [AND YEAH, video of me introducing Mayor Viagraosa at a town hall meeting. (He’s my KINGPIN underling. More on THAT later. We got business. And once we start talking about Villaraigosa, that’s when business stops.)
NOBODY BELIEVED DEMING SENT ME THIS LETTER. Guess it’s harder to get than a Wonka “Golden Ticket.” No problem for your boy, ZD. And YOU’LL never get one. He died in ’93.
[PICTURED: Letter from Deming Aka: “Proof” (So you can read in confidence.)]