Zuma Dogg – Like A Million-Dollar Promotional Budget, Walking The Streets…(HOLLYWOOD…YOU WISH YOU COULD CREATE THIS BUZZ!): BITTER REFLECTIONS OF THE PAST: One time, Emilo Estevez walks up to me at a shopping plaza parking lot and says, “I (Emilio) was at a New Year’s Eve party and was talking to Kate Hudson and (then husband) Chris Robinson of “Black Crows”.” Emilio told me, “Chris said you show is, ‘totally…
THE HEALING POWER OF LAUGHTER, OR AT LEAST OF “THE ZUMA DOGG SHOW”: (NOTE: “The Zuma Dogg Show” was on Channel 3, between CBS 2 and NBC 4 in Malibu, where this story took place. Hard to miss at 10pm, seven days a week.) I was at a bar, several years ago. A guy immediately darts toward me to say hello….
More Political Activism Inspiration From Iraqi War Veterans to Zuma Dogg.: I told the story, yesterday, about the phone call I received from an Iraqi war veteran, who had just finished a Zuma Dogg video marathon on YouTube, while “recovering at home.” I guess I’m thinking of these stories, now, cause of all the talk about Navy Seals I’m hearing on talk radio….
A Phone Call To ZD From Iraq War Veteran=Top ZD Highlight from “A Decade of Zuma Dogg”: A DECADE OF ZUMA DOGG HIGHLIGHT: A couple years ago, a guy called, from North Carolina, or somewhere around there. Said he was, “home recovering from the war in Iraq.” And that he and his friend just did a “Zuma Dogg Marathon,” where they watched every ZD video on the internet…
VIP PASS??? ZUMA DOGG DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ VIP PASS…He IS the VIP Pass! (ZD” Run-DMC “House of Blues” Encounter): “ZUMA DOGG,” The Human VIP Pass: To me, this story is a favorite, cause of how much I LOVE Run-DMC. They were doing a show at House of Blues. I was able to hang out at the bar in the upstairs (sort of) VIP area…
ZUMA DOGG – Bitter Hollywood Reflections/Rejections (Part 72) BITTER REFLECTIONS: One time I was walking around Malibu Cross Creek and someone in a “Carsey-Werner” jacket walks up to me and introduces himself…
“After his allotted two minutes are over, Zuma Dogg takes a breath and returns to the back of the council chamber, where strangers, who enjoyed the hard time he was giving to city leaders over the crowded new housing erected in L.A., give him the thumbs-up and shake his hand.” – LA Weekly
“Zuma Dogg fought the oppressive, tightly controlled L.A. City Council meetings presided over by Council President Garcetti, who had banned video cameras. After security guards tried to stop Zuma Dogg from taping the council deliberations, he railed against the big shots, prevailing against Garcetti’s rules, and now brings his cameracorder to the meetings, as can any member of the public thanks to him.” – LA Weekly
“Zuma Dogg, not only one of the most recognizable figures at City Hall, cordially greeted by passersby, including security guards and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, he also has the ear of high-level insiders, who feed him information in the hope that he’ll expose, and possibly stop, one questionable government project or another.” – LA Weekly
PERSONAL LETTERS TO ZD FROM THE WORLD’S TOP MARKETING & BUSINESS STRATEGY CONSULTANTS:
* “I too, as you may know, am a Deming fan. I think your synthesis of his work is fabulous.” – Anthony Robbins
* “Very Well Done.” – Dr. W. Edwards Deming on “Interpreting Deming’s 14 Points,” by Zuma Dogg. (Published internationally in “Quality Digest.”)
* “I especially liked your of explanation Deming’s more controversial points.” – Don Dewar/Publisher, Quality Digest
* “You not only took our ideas, but expanded them in ways I thought were very interesting.” – Al Ries (“Marketing Warfare,” “22 Immutable Laws of Marketing,” “Focus.”)
* “The future of television comedy. Zuma Dogg is the only American comedian today wearing the comedy-genius mantle once borne by Lenny Bruce, Allen Funt and Andy Kaufman.” – Michael Heaton/Syndicated Pop-Culture Columnist
* “Brain-seizing artistry. A local underground superstar. -D. Harvey/LA Weekly * “A public access icon.” – M. Fleischer/LA Weekly
* “Local Legend, Zuma Dogg” – Doug McIntyre/KABC Radio
* “I’ve seen your show on TV. Keep doing what you’re doing.” – Dennis Franz
* “It would be nice to see someone with the heroism of Zuma Dogg in office.” – Kevin James/ 870-KRLA Radio
* Featured on ABC News Nightline, CBS2, KNBC4, KABC7, KCAL9, FOX11 TV and KFI, KABC, K-TALK & KRLA radio and L.A. Times, L.A. Daily News, L.A. Weekly as L.A.’s most recognized and respected citizen voice.
ZumaShow.com (links to all social media)